The North Hunterdon-Voorhees Regional High School District, a district committed to innovation, personal excellence, high achievement, and community partnership, provides all students with personalized opportunities through a broad spectrum of exemplary educational experiences to develop their fullest potential, to foster lifelong learning, and to become responsible citizens in a continually changing society.
We believe the role of the community is:
- To provide financial support
- To express community values, standards & pride.
- To participate in school activities
We believe our children learn best:
- Their physical needs are met
- Their emotional needs are met
- Their intellectual needs are met & are realistically challenged
We believe the essential components of an excellent education are:
- All students are actively engaged in their own education supported by caring, competent professionals.
- Educating the whole child
- A supportive community that recognizes the value of parental & community involvement
We believe the role of the parent is:
- To accept the responsibility for the education of their children
- To provide stable, supportive & nurturing environment
- To be active & constructive & supportive e educators
- To be a positive role model
We believe the role of the students:
- To be responsible for their own learning by taking an active role
- To be a partner in their own education through self advocacy
- To demonstrate respectful behavior
- To recognize their role in the community
We believe the role of the professional staff is:
- To keep all students actively engaged in their own education
- To educate the whole child
- To be a supportive community recognizing the value of parental and community involvement.
- To provide an environment that fosters a life-long love of learning.
- To provide rich content and an engaging learning climate
- To employ a variety of assessments to enhance instructional practice.
- To keep current in content area and in pedagogy.