Students are encouraged to use the facilities to work with teachers and staff members after 2:25 p.m. However, students are NOT to remain after school or use ANY facility unless they are under the direct supervision of a staff member.
Students found in school after 3:15 p.m. who are not under the immediate supervision of a staff member may be placed on Level III of Disciplinary Action. Students are reminded to schedule appointments with teachers ahead of time and not to stay after school in hopes of finding a teacher.
THE CLUB PROGRAM
The club program functions on a yearly basis and eligibility is governed by Board Policy 2430 Academics eligibility requirements. At the beginning of each year various clubs are formed. Each club must have a purpose for being organized. Its members must share one interest area and it must have a sponsor. Most clubs meet after school during the activity period. Some also meet on weekends or evenings.
Students are covered by school insurance any time they are attending a school-sponsored event approved by the Administration and/or Board of Education. The club advisor is the sponsor.
• Find at least twelve students interested in joining the proposed club.
• Identify a faculty member who would be interested in advising the club.
• Report to the Director of Student Activities to obtain the necessary information and help look for an advisor or help the advisor set up the club.
• Announcements will be made in order to advertise the proposed club and increase membership provided an advisor has been obtained.
• The students interested in the formation of the club and the advisor will then set up meeting dates, goals of the club and special projects and report back to the Director of Student Activities. The Superintendent makes club final approval.
CLUBS AND ACTIVITIES
Our club program is designed to help students supplement the basic academic school day with additional activities, based upon the student’s interest and abilities. If a group of students has an interest in a club, the group may start one after finding a sponsor.
Club organization forms may be obtained from the Director of Student Activities. See school website for complete listing.
Following is a partial list of clubs currently in operation:
PARTIAL LIST OF CLUBS OFFERED AT NORTH HUNTERDON
Intramurals will be conducted on a seasonal basis. Announcements will be made regarding these offerings. Questions see Mr. Hawk or check the bulletin board by the small gym. Click here for the intramural listing at North Hunterdon High School
Only North Hunterdon students with proper identification shall be admitted to dances unless otherwise specified before the dance.
- If a student leaves the dance, he/she may not return and must leave the school grounds.
- Mode of dress shall be specified for each dance. Those not adhering shall not be admitted.
- Students on the suspension list shall be denied admission to dances.
- DJ’s or band members are not permitted to bring guests to dances.
- The chaperones shall have the authority to ask any person to leave the dance or forbid admission when in the judgment of the chaperones, the person’s conduct or presence is detrimental to a wholesome situation.
- Only one door shall be used for entrance and exit at dances.
- No one may enter a dance after 7:00 p.m. unless special circumstances exist
- Disciplinary action will be taken by the Administration upon referral from a dance chaperone.
- Students suspected to be under the influence of a substance at dance are to be retained by the chaperone or the police and released only to the custody of a parent or guardian. Notification will be made to the disciplinarian the next school day.