The North Hunterdon High School Media Center welcomes students to the school’s center of information. The purpose of the media center is to ensure that students become effective and efficient users of information. Our materials support the curriculum and provide for recreational reading. The library is open from 7:30 am to 3:10 pm, Monday-Friday. Click HERE to go to the Media Center website
- The use of all materials and equipment for information retrieval or recreational reading/viewing/listening
- Assistance with materials, sources, or equipment in the media center
- The use of copying and printing facilities
- Respect the rights of others
- Exhibit behavior conducive to quiet research and study
- Return materials on time and in good condition
- Promptly pay fines for overdue materials
Students may come to the media center without a pass in the morning before homeroom, after school, and during lunch.
During instructional periods, when arriving in the media center for any reason students must present a pass from a classroom teacher and swipe into the attendance system with a student ID at the circulation desk. If leaving the media center before the bell at the end of the period, students must swipe out of the attendance system with a student ID at the circulation desk.
The Checkpoint Security System electronically detects library materials through backpacks, parcels and clothing; however, it is completely safe and harmless to film, cassettes or digital media. Students wishing to borrow materials must check out the at the circulation desk before exiting through Checkpoint.
Students are not allowed to check out materials for anyone else. Whoever checks out materials is the person ultimately responsible for those materials.