Bus Courtyard Layout Diagram
The 3:15pm Activities Bus runs Monday and Wednesday at 3:15pm.
North Hunterdon High School now has a population that is larger than some of our sending districts. Well over 2000 people arrive each day on the North Campus.
The volume of traffic on campus has increased dramatically, making congestion a daily nuisance. We have had several minor accidents on campus already, as impatient drivers, adults as well as students, try to speed around school buses and other drivers. Luckily, no one has been injured.
We need to remind everyone who comes to the North Campus that all New Jersey traffic regulations are in force here, and Clinton Township Police have every right to enforce the following traffic regulations:
Students leaving North at 2:31 PM are not be allowed to exit campus in their cars until ALL school buses have be dismissed.
Buses do not run on early dismissal days.
Barriers and attendants will restrict the cars from exiting until the buses leave.
All student vehicles must exit through the Regional Road exit.
The Maintenance Yard exit down by the District Office will be locked. No one may enter or exit through that area.
School buses ALWAYS have the right of way.
All cars on campus must yield to pedestrians.
The speed limit on campus is 10 miles per hour.
Any students who ignore these safety regulations will have their parking permits revoked.
All school regulations are in effect during the Curriculum and Instruction period. No students are to be in the halls without hall passes, and every student must be in a designated area under the supervision of a North staff member.
Students in the building without supervision are subject to disciplinary action.
If you have any questions on bussing, please contact ESC at 908-638-5906 or have your contact your child’s Guidance Counselor
Students who remain on campus will be supervised in one of several areas:
1. Reading Writing Lab
2. Media Center
Students doing research, presentations, or other school work should report to either the Media Center or the Reading/Writing Lab. Students may also visit individual teachers for tutoring and makeup work. All others should report to Cafeteria B.
3. Individual teacher’s/advisor’s classrooms or resource rooms as arranged
4. Cafeteria B
Athletes who do not begin practice until 3:10 PM will report to Cafeteria B. Coaches may ask students to report to practice earlier, but the coaches assume all responsibility for supervising athletes from that time until parent pickup.
NOTE: After school on Tuesday and Friday:
Students who remain on Tuesdays or Fridays will report to Café B. They will be dismissed at 3:10 PM. Busing will not be available on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Early Dismissal days. The 3:15pm Activities Bus runs on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Bus Pass Procedure
Bus Pass Procedure Pass requests will be considered for legitimate reasons, work, study, staying overnight, etc., if space is available. Students must use existing bus stops as no new stops will be created for bus passes. Bus passes will be refused on buses that are at capacity. Bus passes will be issued for the following:
• Note from parent/guardian stating need for bus pass
• If employment, working papers or note from employer and note from parent. If the student needs to go on a different bus, parents must call transportation, get bus route and check availability of space on bus. Please include bus route information in the note to the Attendance Office.
• To another students house, 2 notes, one from each parent, Attendance Office will verify each note. If both parents do not verify note, bus pass will be denied.
• Passes issued permanently or temporarily based on need.
Guidance only issues bus passes for new students and students who have a change of address. Attendance issues all other bus passes. No bus passes are issued from Transportation Department.
SCHOOL BUS BEHAVIOR/PUPIL RESPONSIBILITY
All buses equipped with seat belts require that students must wear them at all times while being transported.
A pupil may be excluded from the bus for disciplinary reasons by the Administration and his/her parent shall provide for his/her transportation to and from school during the period of exclusion. Title 18A:25-2.
* Be on time at designated bus stop. The bus must keep to schedule to insure the safety of other pupils.
* Never stand in the roadway while waiting for the bus.
* Be careful approaching bus stops enroute from home.
* Bus riders shall conduct themselves in a safe manner while waiting.
* Avoid crowding and pushing in getting on or off the bus.
* Do not move toward the bus at the loading zone until the bus comes to a complete stop.
* Never enter or leave the bus while it is in motion.
* Do not destroy or damage property while waiting for the bus. Bus stops may be discontinued for such action.
* On the bus, go immediately to assigned seat and remain there until bus reaches the school.
* Keep arms or other parts of the body inside the bus at all times after entering and until leaving bus.
* Assist in keeping the bus safe and sanitary at all times.
* Obey the driver promptly and cheerfully. He/She has a large responsibility and pupils must help him in his job.
* Loud talking, laughter or undue confusion tends to divert the driver’s attention. Remember, your life depends on must approve these exceptions before approval is given to the sponsored organization).