Update 3/23/2020 – Letter from Superintendent confirming extended closure past March 27th per Governor’s Executive Order. Governor will determine when schools can reopen.
Letter 3/19/2020 – Thank you from the Superintendent to parents and community
Update 3/18/2020 – Superintendent has closed buildings to all administration and staff starting 3/18. Meal pickup schedule has slightly changed, click here to read full details.
Update 3/16/2020 – Follow-up communication on some more items for virtual learning days including schedule, lunches and technology issues. Click here to read details.
Update 3/15/2020 – Principals shared what to expect during the virtual learning days, providing answers to some common questions. Click here to read more.
Update 3/13/2020 – The district is closing as a preemptive measure to slow the spread of coronavirus. Monday, March 16th will still be a staff in-service with no students in school. March 17th through March 27th will be online instruction days with schools closed. Please refer to the superintendent’s communication for full details, click here.
Update 3/11/2020 – School will be closed for students on Monday, March 16, 2020 for full day staff in-service to finalize online instruction plans in event of public health-related closure. Click here to read more.
Update 3/3/2020 – Letter from Superintendent on the monitoring of the progress of coronavirus, and encouraging families to follow the good hygiene practices listed as well as visit the links to CDC and New Jersey Department of Health to stay informed on the progress of the coronavirus (now called COVID-19). Click to read more.
We encourage everyone to follow the recommendations below from the CDC to stop the spread of viruses.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- If you are sick, please stay home. Again, report to the attendance office or school nurse if your child is having flu-like symptoms.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Practice social distancing by staying at least six feet away from another person or by being home as much as possible.
There is a multitude of information and resources regarding COVID-19. Please visit the list of resources on this page.
North Hunterdon-Voorhees District’s Coronavirus Closure Operations Plan