All sports, band and intramural registrations will be completed through Aspen, the district’s student information system. For directions on completing sports registration through Aspen, please click here.
*** Aspen will not replace the physical examination form, which should still be turned into the health office on a yearly basis***
Each season: The following must be completed by a parent/guardian before the due date listed on athletics website for that season in order to participate. These forms must be submitted through Aspen. To access, click on Page Directory then click on VH Sport.
- Complete the Health History Update Questionnaire. (All athletes must complete & submit this form even for new physical exams at the start of each season.)
- Complete the “Consent for Athletics Participation” Form.
- Complete the “Over the Counter” (OTC) medication form, and the “Emergency Contact Information” form.
- Complete any other forms that pertain to your child, i.e. physical form if more than 365 days old, Epi-pen, inhaler, diabetes.
- In Aspen, parents can run a checklist report to see if any forms are missing in order for their child to participate.
- Student-athletes must complete one form themselves in their own student Aspen account, the Sports Wellness Acknowledgement Form (student will find it under Page Directory then VH Student).
Once a year: Hand in the completed physical when it is completed (including a vision, signed cardiac module) and ALWAYS MAKE A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS!!
- Annual Preparticipation Physical Exam. Form is available for download through Aspen or picked up at the health, athletic or main offices, includes:
- Medical History with explanations of anything marked “yes”, and signed by parent and student.
- Family Doctor’s Examination (Physical form) Make sure it is completely filled in, including vision!
- Clearance form with completed Cardiac Module (Note that the Cardiac Module must be signed and dated. Physicians in Pennsylvania and New York have not completed this cardiac program and are unable to sign. It is recommended that a NJ physician perform the physical exam and paperwork.)
- Review and Approval to Participate by Voorhees District Doctor (This may take up to 48 hours)
Physical examinations can be returned to the box on the door of the health office if no one is in. (Nurses have very limited hours in the summer.) Please DO NOT FAX, EMAIL OR SCAN PHYSICALS. Please submit an original product via hand delivery or mail.
There will be at least a 24 hour waiting period for athletic participation for Aspen registration or physical examinations received after the due dates. For any questions please email email@example.com and she will get back to you.
Additional links for your information: Sports Related Eye Injuries
A NOTE FROM THE NURSES:
The NJ State Department of Education PREPARTICIPATION PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM AND HISTORY FORM is the only form that will be accepted. This form is available via the link above, or on the right hand side of the ‘Health Office’ VHS website.
The PREPARTICIPATION PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM AND HISTORY FORM must be completed in full – including a VISION SCREENING (located on page three), BLOOD PRESSURE, PULSE, HEIGHT, and WEIGHT. If vision is not completed at time of physical, you must submit documentation of your child’s comprehensive eye exam. Here is our vision referral form.
All paperwork must be reviewed and approved by the school physician prior to athletic clearance.
All parents of student athletes must fill out the ‘CONSENT FOR PARTICIPATION FORM’ on Aspen under the ‘Athletics’ section.
All student athletes must fill out the ‘SPORTS WELLNESS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM’, located in the student’s Aspen account.
ANY PAPERWORK SUBMITTED LATE WILL DELAY YOUR CHILD’S ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE. INCOMPLETE FORMS WILL BE DENIED AND WILL DELAY ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION.
Physicals are valid for one year after the exam date.
The Physician who performs the physical must have completed the Student-Athlete Cardiac Screening PD module and sign the affirmation that it has been completed (located on page four).
Please refer to the ‘Athletics’ website for specific sports information.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
Please note: You need an updated physical to participate in Intramurals. If your child has already completed Athletic forms in Aspen for a sport and has submitted a current Annual Physical, you are required to register your child for the intramural in Aspen under “Intramural forms”, complete Consent for Participation Form and Health History Update Questionnaire.
If you are completing paperwork for intramurals or non co-curricular activities for the Health Office, these forms are required:
- Annual Physical Form (If last physical is more than 365 days from the first day of the Intramural Activity).
If needed for a Medical Condition, the following forms are also required for Intramural participation and need to be submitted to the Health Office:
Keith Skinner, ATC, Athletic Trainer firstname.lastname@example.org, 908-638-6116 ext. 7459
Steve Syrstad, ATC, Athletic Trainer email@example.com, 908-638-6116 ext.7458
Pat Tomczyk, RN, BSN, CSN, School Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org 908-638-2148
Melissa Frey, BSN-BC, School Nurse, email@example.com, 908-638-2148
Eileen O’Sullivan, Health Office Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org 908-638-2148
Voorhees High School, 256 County Route 513, Glen Gardner, NJ 08826
Health Office Fax Number 908-638-6512