SENIOR PARKING PRIVILEGE
The Board of Education provides bus transportation as well as activity bus routes in order to transport students to and from school. Students driving to school and parking on campus is a PRIVILEGE, not a right. Parking permits will only be issued to SENIOR students who meet the eligibility requirements and follow the proper application process. Please visit the Senior Parking section of the Student page on the North Hunterdon website. By purchasing a parking permit, students and their parents agree to follow all of the rules and regulations set forth below by the Administration. These rules are subject to change at any time.
Students will be denied parking privileges for infractions of school rules, motor vehicle violations or having any outstanding financial obligations.
RULES FOR STUDENT PARKING:
- The student must possess a valid driver’s license, registration, and insurance for the vehicle he or she will be driving to school.
- A Random Drug Testing Consent form must be submitted for the current school year.
- The student cannot have any outstanding financial obligations. It is your responsibility to check the parent Aspen account for obligations. This is found on the “Family” top tab and then select “Transactions” on the left tab.
- The student must be in good academic standing.
- Parents and students must sign off in Aspen about tips for Teen Drivers.
- The hand tag is purchased through a link on our website and is mailed to the student’s home in approximately 2 weeks. The cost is $75.00 for the school year and is non-refundable.
- The hang tag must hang facing out from the rear view mirror AT ALL TIMES.
- Sharing of hang tags is not permitted and will result in disciplinary action and loss of driving privileges.
- Duplicates will not be issued.
Driving and Parking Responsibilities and Regulations
- The speed limit on school grounds is 5 mph. Careless or reckless driving will result in disciplinary action as well as loss of driving privileges.
- Parking is only permitted in the designated student parking area of the parking lot.
- Keep your car locked at all times. The school is not responsible for missing property.
- Only vehicles that the school has on file registered to that student will be permitted to park on school property.
- Students are not allowed to go to their cars during the school day.
- Students are not allowed to leave school grounds without prior permission.
- Students must arrive to school on time or risk losing their parking privileges.
- Only senior students will be allowed to drive mopeds to school. The student must also purchase a parking permit and follow all of the rules set forth by the Administration for parking on campus.
Disciplinary Infractions Affecting Parking Privileges (including but not limited to)
- Two (2) or more out of school suspensions will result in loss of parking privileges.
- Tardy to school (Cumulative throughout the school year).
Six (6) lates – loss of parking for one week
Eight (8) lates – loss of parking for two weeks
Ten (10) lates – permanent loss of driving privileges
- At the discretion of the Administration, any disciplinary infraction could affect parking privileges.
- Violations of the Substance Abuse Policy will result in a permanent loss of parking privileges.
Possible Disciplinary Actions for Driving and Parking Violations (at the Administration’s discretion)
- Violation sticker placed on the vehicle
- Suspended or revoked driving privileges
- Late arrival or early dismissal privileges can be revoked
- Detention (regular or extended)
- In school or out of school suspension
- Towing the violator’s car at his/her own expense
Polytech students needing to drive to/from poly-tech for a specific purpose must fill out the appropriate form and obtain the required signatures at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the request.
More detailed information and instructions about purchasing a permit is sent out during the summer via email to senior students and their parents.
Questions on getting a parking permit, please email Karen Ellis.