- Students may have a “silenced” cell phone on their person.
- The use of these devices during instructional time without the permission of the teacher, or in a disruptive manner, is prohibited.
- Unless specifically allowed by the teacher the use of a cell phone in any classroom or instructional area is prohibited.
- Cell phones that ring, vibrate excessively, or in any other way disrupt the educational process are grounds for confiscation of the device by school staff.
- Students are only permitted to use their cell phones in the cafeteria during lunch periods and in hallways between classes.
- Voice calls from cell phones are prohibited. Students needing to make calls can do so in the Main Office & Guidance Office.
- The use of cell phones during study hall is at the discretion of the study hall teacher.
- Using a cell phone while walking can be considered a safety hazard and is prohibited.
- The use of headphones in the hall or cafeteria is prohibited.
- Using a cell phone in the hall during instructional time is prohibited.
- No student shall use a cell phone to violate any student code of conduct, including computer usage agreements and/or bullying policies. Using cell phones at any time or location (school bus, bus stop, hallways, etc.) to make unauthorized or inappropriate recordings, videos or photographs of students and/or staff is not allowed. In particular, the use of such recordings, videos or photographs to demean, embarrass, ridicule or exploit another person will not be tolerated.
- The use of cell phones in restrooms and locker rooms is prohibited.
- Recording of sound or visual images is prohibited, unless approved by the teacher/administrator.
- Recording of any incidents on campus is prohibited.
- Contents of cell phones may be reviewed and searched if there exists a reasonable suspicion that it may have been used in an activity prohibited by the code of conduct.
- The use of cell phones during any security drill/procedure is strictly prohibited
Consequences for Violations
- 1st offense: device is confiscated for one week/one extended detention
- 2nd offense: device is confiscated for two weeks/three extended detentions
- 3rd offense: device is confiscated for one month/five extended detentions
- 4th offense: device is confiscated until the end of the school year/seven extended detentions
*Parents may come to school to retrieve the device before the confiscation period is over by calling the Director of Student Activities to make an appointment for device pick-up between the hours of 7:30 AM and 3:30 PM.