Fire drills are necessary for the safety of the students and staff. Everyone should know the specific directions for reaching a point of safety from any area of the building in which he/she may be. These directions are posted in each office, classroom, gymnasium and cafe.
GENERAL RULES FOR FIRE DRILL
• Close windows.
• Students will follow designated exit instructions, keep in single file, walk (not run), refrain from talking and proceed to a designated area at least 100 feet from point of exit.
• When instructed by an Administrator, all students should return to their classrooms in the same orderly fashion.
• Students must report directly to their class teacher after leaving the building in order for attendance to be taken.
• If a student was away from the classroom when the fire alarm commenced, they must have another teacher mark them as present during the fire drill.
• Students are to stay off all macadam areas during a fire drill.