Truancy is defined as:
- being present in the building without properly signing in or
- being away from school for reasons other than those listed by the Board of Education.
DISCIPLINE GUIDELINES FOR TRUANCY
1) First Offense: 3 Extended Detentions. Phone notification to parent/guardian
2) Second Offense: 2 days of In-School Suspension. Referral to Counselor and Child Study Team. Written notification to parents/guardian with a copy of the law.
3) Third Offense: 3 days of In-School Suspension. Notification to authorities for legal action.