Students who arrive at school before 11:30 a.m. will be considered tardy.
Students who arrive at school between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. will be considered absent for one-half day.
Students who arrived after 1:00 p.m. will be considered absent for one full day.
Students who leave school before 11:30 a.m. will be considered present for one-half day.
Students who leave school after 11:30 a.m. will be counted present for the full day.
Students who participate in extra-curricular activities (i.e. athletics, plays, band, etc.) must be in attendance from 11:30 a.m. on.
In the event of a half day dismissing at 11:55 a.m., an athlete must be in school by 9:25 a.m.
Consistent tardiness to school and/or class will jeopardize student’s present and/or future G.A.I.N. time.
LEAVING SCHOOL DURING THE DAY
For the protection of all students, the only conditions under which a pupil may leave school during the regular day are:
- Permission from an Administrator
- Permission from the Health Office
- Correctly processed early dismissal
- Special class schedule
- Absence caused by a school sponsored activity
- New Jersey Statutes: Title 18A-38-27, and 38-31.
- Students enrolled in C.I.E. or C.H.E. or who have an approved Permanent Early Dismissal will be issued cards stating the approved departure time. Students must keep these cards with them at all times.
Students who leave school without school or parental permission will be considered truant.
Eighteen-year-olds living at home must have an early dismissal request signed by parent/guardian. All requests will be verified.