The PSAT Test will be administered to all 9th, 10th and 11th graders and some select seniors on Wednesday, October 25, 2023. Students have already been registered for the test. The PSAT Test is now digital. To prepare students for this new testing format, students will be creating a College Board account (if they have not already done so) and will sign into the testing platform during their social studies class week of October 16th.
Students will complete a few practice questions during social studies class so they get a feel for the digital testing platform. Students may log into their College Board account to access a full-length practice PSAT test, if they wish to do so, prior to the actual test on October 25th. Students will be able to access their scores after the test on their College Board account.
Students need to take note of their testing location, which can be accessed HERE (hit CTRL+F to search by student ID number for room).
Students are also reminded to get a restful night’s sleep the night before the October 25th PSAT administration and a healthy breakfast that morning. Now that the PSAT is digital, the following rules will be in effect for testing:
- Students must bring student ID or driver’s license, fully charged Chromebook, and pen or pencil for testing. Scrap paper will be provided. Technology staff will be available for any Chromebook issues.
- The PSAT test has a built-in scientific calculator in the testing platform. Students may bring their own calculator if they wish.
- College Board directives prohibit backpacks, handbags, cell phones, any other electronic devices (other than their Chromebook), food, and water bottles in the testing areas. Please leave these items in lockers during testing.
- Ignoring these directives will result in removal from testing.
- Students must report directly to their designated testing classrooms at 7:45AM. Staff will be available in the mall area if students need assistance finding their room.
- The bell schedule for the PSAT testing day is posted below.
- Students in AM Polytech classes who are taking the PSAT will NOT attend AM Polytech on October 25th. Polytech absence will be excused. PM Polytech students will attend their classes and get the shuttle as normal.
- Seniors not taking the PSAT and who do not have AM Polytech class can report to school at 11:30 AM and go directly to L1. Busing is only provided at the normal pick-up time, there is no second bus run for non-testers.
Anyone with questions regarding the PSAT may contact School Counselor, Mr. David Raupp at (908) 713-4199 ext. 6375 (email@example.com). For more information on the PSAT test, please visit the College Board website by clicking here for PSAT for 10-12, or clicking here for PSAT 8-9 test.
PSAT Bell Schedule
October 25, 2023
Lunch 1/Directed Study/Science Labs
Lunch 2/Directed Study/Science Labs
Period 4 (Block 8)
Period 5 (Block 5)
Period 6 (Block 6)