The following guidelines will be in place for the winter season.
North Hunterdon H.S. 2021 Winter Sports Guidelines and Information for Coaches, Parents, and Athletes
- Beginning on January 11, 2021, parents of all Winter athletes (Basketball, Fencing, Dance, and Cheerleading) will be required Monday through Saturday, whether you are a hybrid or virtual student, to complete the required Qualtrics pre-screening email to be cleared for practice and games each day of the Winter sports season. Parents only need to complete the pre-screening one time daily. Just like for school, please complete each morning.
- If your son/daughter does not feel well, please keep him/her home from practice for that day. Please email the head coach and our school nurses ASAP if it is Covid-related.
- Student-athletes are required to wear face coverings at all times except when participating in drills during practice or while playing in a game.
- Student-athletes on the bench are required to wear face coverings.
- Coaches are required to wear face coverings at all times.
- Reminder: Please make sure your athletes are wearing their masks as they leave practice and head to the parking lot to get picked up or drive home…. everyone should be wearing their masks until they get into a vehicle…we wear a mask so we can keep everyone safe and so we can play!!!
- Neck Gaiters: Although neck gaiters were an acceptable alternative for face coverings outdoors, they are not allowed for indoor use. Please be aware of the current CDC and NJDOH guidelines regarding proper face-covering protection indoors.
- All practice times and locations will be communicated to you from your Head Coach. Practice times during the week will be 1:00pm – 3:00pm (in-district coaches) and from 3:15 – 5:15 (out of district coaches). Saturday practices will be either 8:00am – 10:00am or 10:15am – 12:15pm. Don’t hesitate to contact your head coaches if you have any questions about the practice schedule.
- Students that are physically in the building for school, grab and go lunches are available after school from noon until 12:30 and they are allowed to eat in Cafeteria A and B during this down time until practice.
- Only one workout per day is permitted and there must be one (1) day of rest per every seven (7) days.
- Late Buses will be provided Monday-Friday at 3:15.
- Access to practice/workouts must be limited to student-athletes, coaches, and appropriate school personnel.
- No interstate travel for practice and/or competition is allowed at this time.
- No pre-game and post-game handshakes (please discuss with opposing head coach how you want to handle the end of game but just make sure you do something socially distance.
- If captains are called out for pregame only, one captain is allowed to go out.
- Masks on the bench at all times for everyone.
- Please make sure you stay socially distance from officials at all times!
- All athletes must have at least a gallon of water with them to use during your practice and games and the container must have your name on it! Athletes must not share water.
- Sharing of water bottles is strictly prohibited. Each student-athlete should have his/her own water bottle.
- Face coverings are required for all athletes and coaches while on busses.
- For athletes on virtual instruction who need transportation, athletes will get on the 12:05pm dismissal bus as it drops students off after school. The buses will return athletes to the high school for the 1:00pm practices. By now, athletes should know how long they are on the bus from school to home in the afternoon, so that is when they should be at their bus stop waiting to be picked up.
- To return home at the end of practice (for those practices that end at 3:15pm), the high school is running the 3:15pm activity buses Mon-Fri this year. 3:15pm bus routes are listed in Aspen under parent and students accounts, click on Page Directory on left hand side then “Transp Routes”. The 3:15pm bus routes do not drop off your child at their normal bus stops. Routes are listed by the municipalities they cover and then you will need to know the closest cross streets to your home to identify your 3:15pm route.
- Athletes with a driver’s license can drive to North Hunterdon for practices and HOME games.
When traveling to away contests:
- Everyone must wear a mask on the bus at all times.
- We are doing our best to get a bus for every level so please do you best to have one athlete per seat on the bus ride.
- No eating on the bus at any time!!!
- As always, please make sure the bus is kept clean.
- Coaches: make sure you have an emergency cooler of water and the med kit for all games.
- Locker room use is only for students-athletes that are in the building at the end of the school day to change for practice or games and head directly to their gym.
- All student-athletes participating in full day or part-time virtual instruction must come dressed and prepared for practice.
- Locker rooms must be used for changing and storage of equipment only. Coaches will monitor the activity to minimize the amount of time permitted in the locker room.
- Social distancing and face coverings are required while inside the locker room.
- Athletes and coaches should make every effort to wash their hands as often as possible.
- Hand sanitizer shall be accessible at all times and provided by North Hunterdon HS.
- Workout apparel and uniforms shall not be left at the school after games and practices.
- There shall be no spitting, chewing seeds or gum during the workout.
- Post-game handshakes and celebrations are prohibited.
- Social distancing and face coverings are required for all athletes and coaches while using restrooms.
- As per the Governor, spectators are Prohibited for Practices/Scrimmages/Games for the Winter Sports Season.
- We will be live streaming as much as possible during the winter sports season and Events will be live streamed here on our Athletics You Tube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpk_CAUW-iLzdWkPpcTT9vg
Karen Korbul: email@example.com
Tyler Roseberry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nurses: (All Covid-19 Questions)
Kris Vitelli: email@example.com
Cindy Peck: firstname.lastname@example.org