All sports, band and intramural registrations will be completed through Aspen, the district’s student information system.
*** Aspen will not replace the physical examination form, which should still be turned into the health office on a yearly basis***
|Season||Aspen Open for Registration||
Physical Exam & Health History Update
|Sport Start Dates|
|July 1-August 4||July 27|
|Winter||October 7-November 8||November 2 (October 26 for swimming)|
|Spring||February 1-February 28|
For directions on completing sports registration through Aspen, please click here.
Each season: The following must be completed before the due dates listed above in order to participate. These forms must be submitted through Aspen.
- Complete the Health History Update Questionnaire. (All athletes must complete & submit this form even for new physical exams at the start of each season.)
- Complete the “Consent for Athletics Participation” Form.
- Complete the “Over the Counter” (OTC) medication form, and the “Emergency Contact Information” form.
- Complete any other forms that pertain to your child, i.e. physical form if more than 365 days old, Epi-pen, inhaler, diabetes.
- In Aspen, parents can run a checklist report to see if any forms are missing in order for their child to participate.
Once a year: Hand in the completed physical when it is completed (including a vision, signed cardiac module) and ALWAYS MAKE A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS!!
- Annual Preparticipation Physical Exam. Form is available for download through Aspen or picked up at the health, athletic or main offices, includes:
- Medical History with explanations of anything marked “yes”, and signed by parent and student.
- Family Doctor’s Examination (Physical form) Make sure it is completely filled in, including vision!
- Clearance form with completed Cardiac Module (Note that the Cardiac Module must be signed and dated. Physicians in Pennsylvania and New York have not completed this cardiac program and are unable to sign. It is recommended that a NJ physician perform the physical exam and paperwork.)
- Review and Approval to Participate by Voorhees District Doctor (This may take up to 48 hours)
Physical examinations can be returned to the box on the door of the health office if no one is in. (Nurses have very limited hours in the summer.) Please DO NOT FAX, EMAIL OR SCAN PHYSICALS. Please submit an original product via hand delivery or mail.
There will be at least a 24 hour waiting period for athletic participation for Aspen registration or physical examinations received after the due dates. For any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org and she will get back to you.
Additional links for your information: Sports Related Eye Injuries
Please note: You need an updated physical to participate in Intramurals. If your child has already completed Athletic forms in Aspen for a sport and has submitted a current Annual Physical, you are only required to register your child for the intramural in Aspen under “Intramural forms”. The Health History Update Questionnaire must also be completed.
If you are completing paperwork for intramurals or non co-curricular activities for the Health Office, these forms are required:
- Annual Physical Form (If last physical is more than 365 days from the first day of the Intramural Activity).
If needed for a Medical Condition, the following forms are also required for Intramural participation and need to be submitted to the Health Office:
Keith Skinner, ATC, Athletic Trainer email@example.com, 908-638-6116 ext. 7459
Steve Syrstad, ATC, Athletic Trainer firstname.lastname@example.org, 908-638-6116 ext.7458
Pat Tomczyk, RN, BSN, CSN email@example.com 908-638-2148
Suzanne Bauer, RN, BSN, CSN firstname.lastname@example.org 908-638-2148
Eileen O’Sullivan, Health Office Secretary email@example.com 908-638-2148
Voorhees High School, 256 County Route 513, Glen Gardner, NJ 08826
Health Office Fax Number 908-638-6512