The Technology Department is in charge of designing, implementing and maintaining technology initiatives in the district. We take input from teachers, administrators, students, and the community to design, deliver and operate services that:
- Help students attain technology and literacy skills of the 21st century.
- Help faculty and staff infuse instructional technology both inside and outside the classroom.
- Help faculty and staff improve and maintain efficiency in their job tasks..
- Help enhance the communication between staff, students, and the community.
The current specific goals, objectives, and action plans of the Technology Department can be found in the current District Technology Plan and in the Technology section of the current Strategic Planning roadmap.
Some of the services and programs the Technology Department currently operates in the District include:
- Parents/Students Online Portal (Aspen)
- Teacher Grading and Attendance Services (Aspen)
- Computer Program in the District (Computer Labs, Classrooms Computers, Laptop Carts, Teacher Laptops, Printers and Copiers)
- Multimedia Classroom Program in the District (Classrooms projectors, speakers, DVD players)
- Web 2.0 Services for Students and Staff (Wikis, Moodle, Teacher websites, Edmodo subdomain, Google Apps)
- Email Service for Student and Staff
- Email Archiving Service for Students and Staff
- Internal Storage Service for Students and Staff (H drive and Shares)
- Internet Services for Students and Staff
- Web Filtering and Monitoring Services for Students and Staff
- Telephone and Voicemail Services
- Data Reporting for the State