Early dismissals are discouraged; however, the school will honor medical/dental appointments and extreme emergencies.
- To arrange for early dismissal, a parent/guardian must write a note, or preferably send an e-mail, to the Attendance Office specifying the student name, date, time, and reason for the request. E-mails can be sent to email@example.com.
- Regardless of whether you send a note or e-mail, the student is responsible for reporting to the Attendance Office the morning of the early dismissal to obtain a pass.
- The student will be given a pass to come to the Attendance Office at the designated time.
- Classes cannot be interrupted to request that a student come down to the Attendance Office.
- There may be times when a parent/guardian must make an appointment with a doctor during the current school day, but please make sure the student is aware that the parent/guardian will be calling for an appointment. It is the student’s responsibility to check with the Attendance Office (in between classes) to see if the parent/guardian has called with the dismissal time and to obtain a pass.
- When picking up a student, the parent/guardian must come into the school to meet the student in the Attendance Office and sign the early dismissal book.
- The Attendance Office will request parent/guardian ID before releasing students.
- Students will be allowed to leave with another family member (e.g., sibling, aunt/uncle) if the other relative is 18 years of age or older, a note is brought into the Attendance Office by the student and permission is confirmed with the parent/guardian before the designated dismissal time.
- Seniors with valid parking permits who will be driving themselves must still report to the Attendance Office in the morning for a pass for early dismissal. To obtain a pass, confirmed parental permission must be made from the Attendance Office via phone call, regardless of whether or not the student has a written note. Confirmation is still required if the student is 18 years old due to State truancy laws.
- Seniors leaving early are required to show their dismissal pass and sign out at the security desk located at the theater entrance. Failure to sign out at the theater security desk will result in disciplinary consequences.
Students who leave school without administrative and parental permission will be considered truant and dealt with severely. Parents will be notified.