For the Class of 2020,
With the new school year quickly approaching, we want to inform you of the procedures for obtaining a student parking sticker. As in the past, all seniors will be eligible for a parking permit who meet the following criteria:
- Possess or be eligible for a standard driver’s license during the 2019-20 school year
- Have a vehicle for daily use
- Attended Share the Keys
- Parent attended Share the Keys or Alive at 25
Seniors can apply by bringing the following documentation to Mrs. Pennucci in the Attendance Office beginning on August 19, 20 and 21 between the hours of 8:00am to 11:00am and 12:30pm to 2:00pm:
- Valid Standard NJ Driver’s License (PHOTOCOPY) – Note: Agricultural License will not be accepted
- Valid Motor Vehicle Registration for vehicle(s) being registered (PHOTOCOPY)
- Valid Motor Vehicle Insurance documentation (PHOTOCOPY)
- A completed Student Automobile Permit application – VHS Parking Permit Application
- A completed Random Drug Testing form – VHS Random Testing Form-Parking
- $75 fee for a full year permit (Checks made out to Voorhees High School)
Please bring your own photocopies as photocopies will not be made at the school.
Eligibility for a parking spot during the 2019-2020 school year will be contingent upon the student’s discipline record. Starting with the 2016-2017 school year, any student who had a violation of the Substance Abuse policy will not be eligible for a parking spot this year.
Rules for student parking have been included in this email, see below They will also be listed in the Student-Parent Handbook on the Voorhees High School website for 2019-2020 (http://www.nhvweb.net/vhs/home).
If you have any questions, please contact Michele Pennucci at email@example.com or call the attendance office, 908-638-2199 and select option 1.
RULES FOR STUDENT PARKING:
- Register the car(s) – Students may register up to two (2) vehicles that are registered to immediate family members only. Print out the application, complete it and bring it to the Attendance Office along with required copies of documentation and fee.
- Parking Sticker– Place the parking sticker on the inside of the rear window on the driver side. The sticker needs to be viewable from the back of your car. Duplicates will not be issued.
- Driving Responsibilities and Regulations
- Speed limit on school grounds is 15 mph.
- Park only in the student parking spot you are assigned. The parking spaces and stickers are numbered.
- Only registered cars may be parked on school property.
- Lock your car.
- Driving Infractions
- Assigned parking stickers are not transferrable. This may result in permanent loss of privilege
- Parking in an unauthorized area will result in extended detention or possible towing of the vehicle at his/her own expense
- Parking an unregistered vehicle will result in possible towing of the vehicle at his/her own expense
- Careless/reckless driving will result in disciplinary action as well as loss of driving privilege
- Presence in the school parking lot during the school day without permission will result in loss of driving privilege
- Leaving school grounds without permission will result in disciplinary action as well as loss of driving privilege
- Violations of the Substance Abuse Policy will result in permanent loss of privilege
- Tardy to school (Cumulative throughout the school year)
- Six (6) lates – loss of parking for one week
- Eight (8) lates – loss of parking for two weeks
- Ten (10) lates – permanent loss of driving privilege
- Temporary Parking – A temporary permit may be granted to students when they submit a signed note from a parent stating the reason for needing a permit. The note must be received by administration a minimum of 24 hours in advance of the date(s) needed to park.
- Disciplinary Action – Any violation will lead to one or more of the following disciplinary actions at the discretion of the Administration:
- Suspended or revoked driving privileges
- Late arrival or early dismissal privileges can be revoked
- Detention (regular or extended)
- In school or out of school suspension
- Towing the violator’s car at his/her own expense