The Voorhees Key Club is taking up a collection for Puerto Rico hurricane victims. The Key Club is working with Church World Service to get the donations to the island. The Key Club is asking for very specific items to fit into 5 gallon resealable buckets. The collection will go from now until November 3. Collection containers are by the security desk at Voorhees High School. In addition, there is a $3.00 shipping cost per bucket, so monetary donations will also be accepted to offset this cost (money can be sent to Sharon Smith at Voorhees High School; checks should be made payable to Voorhees Key Club with hurricane bucket in memo line).
Below is the list of items being accepted:
- Five-gallon bucket with resealable lid
- Packages of four scouring pads
- Packages of six sponges
- Large sponges
- Scrub brushes (small)
- Packages of eighteen reusable cleaning towels (e.g. Easy Wipes)
- 50 oz. or two 25 oz. bottle(s) of liquid laundry detergent
- 16-28 oz. bottles of liquid disinfectant dish soap
- 12-16 oz. bottles of household cleaner that can be mixed with water (no spray bottles)
- Package of 48-50 clothespins
- Clotheslines, two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.
- Packages of five dust masks
- Pairs non-surgical, non-latex gloves
- Pairs work gloves, cotton with leather palm or all leather
- 24-28 heavy duty or contractor type 30-45 gallon trash bags
- 6-9 oz. bottle of non-aerosol insect repellent
Thanks for supporting this effort!
Any questions, please contact Key Club advisor, Sharon Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org.