V O O R H E E S H I G H S C H O O L
Voorhees Students have the opportunity to explore a wide range of areas within the fine arts.
Our program is divided into distinct and vitally important areas that enable students to discover and learn about art & themselves.
The course in our program encourage students to be more curious, creative, and to become creative risk takers – essential for opening avenues of critical and creative thinking.
We believe that training in the arts can:
- Strengthen a student’s ability to be creative and inventive problem solvers and decision makers.
- Enable students to understand and influence the increasingly complex technological environment affecting all aspects of their lives.
- Enrich student’s understanding of diverse human cultures and histories through the study of art.
- Enhance student’s understanding of complex social, cultural and intellectual trends.
- Allow students to more fully experience life as individuals and as members of a community.
Our students have the opportunity to experience the fine arts in a number of content areas from the foundation level to the advanced level.
The Voorhees Art Program currently offers four Advanced Placement courses as well.
See Our GRADING POLICY for more information.