The North Hunterdon-Voorhees Regional High School District is expanding its 1:1 educational initiative during the 2013-2014 academic year through which all students currently enrolled in grade nine will receive a computing device. The program this year will act as a controlled rollout/pilot and as the first year towards the implementation of a full 1:1 program across all grade levels. The goal of providing each student in the District with a computing device was established in the District’s current Strategic and Technology Plans in pursuit of enhancing our students’ education by opening additional learning opportunities through 21st century technology.
All students in grade nine will participate in this year’s 1:1 program. As such, all students in grade nine will receive a Chromebook laptop for their academic use. Freshmen students that already posses a personal Chromebook or whose families prefer to purchase one on their own can elect to bring their own Chromebook instead of receiving one from the District. No other devices are allowed other than a Chromebook this year. Feedback from parents/guardians, students and staff will be collected throughout the year via a series of surveys as part of the district’s evaluation of this program. This evaluation will determine the program’s continuation in the coming years and its expansion to other grades.
Students in upper grades (Sophomores to Seniors) do not participate in the 1:1 program this year. However, the district will allow students in the upper grades to bring a personal Chromebook device.
We believe this program is a great opportunity for our students to further their education and maintain our high schools to 21st century standards. We hope this initial roll out with freshmen students be successdul this year and that this initiative expand to other grades int the near future. We appreciate your support in this effort.
For your reference here are some links related to this initiative that you can find on this site:
- 1:1 Initiative Page – http://www.nhvweb.net/technology/upcoming-initiatives/one-to-one/
- 1:1 Form (for Freshmen accepting the district device) – http://www.nhvweb.net/technology/upcoming-initiatives/one-to-one/parent-student-device-agreement/
- BYOD Form (for Freshmen bringing their own Chromebook) – http://www.nhvweb.net/technology/upcoming-initiatives/one-to-one/parent-student-byod-agreement/
- 1:1 FAQs – http://www.nhvweb.net/technology/upcoming-initiatives/one-to-one/one-to-one-faqs/
- 1:1 Device Use Guidelines – http://www.nhvweb.net/technology/policies/student-mobile-device-guidelines/