Advisor: Steve Delorenzo firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Honor Society (NHS) was created to recognize and foster academic achievement while developing other characteristics essential to being productive citizens within our school and community. The cornerstone of National Honor Society projects and activities is that each member has an obligation to use his or her talents, skills, and knowledge for the betterment of others. Our local chapter provides the framework in which eligible selected high school students render special service to the community. Working together as a group, the chapter multiplies the benefits of its service. The society also enables every individual to work in a unique way for the enhancement of the community. The NHS serves as an excellent training ground for the youth who will be the future leaders in society. NHS members are expected to maintain and extend the qualities that won them selection but also understand that membership is both an honor and an obligation.
Criteria for Membership in the National Honor Society
- Students who are academically eligible (cumulative 3.5 GPA or higher) will be invited via letter to apply in the Spring of their Junior year.
- Students must also demonstrate excellence in three additional areas to be considered for acceptance:
- Minimum 100 hours of extracurricular activities.
- Minimum 100 hours of community service.
- Minimum 50 hours of leadership activities.
- If invited to apply due to academic eligibility, an application will be provided at a to be determined interest meeting.