- Auditions for North’s Got Talent will be today at 2:30 in room 241. Email Ms. Holt if you have any questions.
- Habitat for Humanity is meeting in room 211 after school today.
- Impact testing for tennis and golf will be today. Testing for softball will be on Friday, February 7. Testing begins at 3 pm in room 135B. Students will need their chromebooks and chargers.
- Come create kindness notes with the Mindfulness Club in the Media Center at 2:30pm tomorrow. The Interact Club and Spanish Honor Society will be joining us!! Hope to see you there!”
- Med Cross Club will be meeting Monday, February 10th in room 128 after school. Come learn about blood flow in the heart and how to take pulse and blood pressure!
- The English SAT Prep session will take place after school today, beginning at 3:00 in room 018. No sign ups are necessary.
Congratulations to Ryder Kirsch, winner of the Visa gift card in the Media Center’s Winter Reading Challenge. Thank you to Ryder and all 222 readers who participated in the challenge. As a school community, we surpassed our goal by reading 388 books between December 20 and January 31st.
In celebration of Black History Month, here is a fact about The Tuskegee Airmen. They were America’s first black military airmen. Over 500 men were trained and flew missions during World War II in North Africa and Sicily. The most famous was the 332nd “Red Tail” fighters who would escort bomber planes on missions. After the war, the Tuskegee Airmen, considered by many as the best pilots in the U.S. Air Force, returned to America where they were subjected to Jim Crow laws, segregation and racism. This encouraged many to join the burgeoning Civil Rights movement.
Lunch today is Chicken Bowl: mashed potatoes, corn, crispy chicken, gravy & cheese