TODAY’S MORNING PLAYLIST:
- “Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah” – Allan Sherman
- “Summertime Blues” (live) – Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
- “This Summer” – Superchunk
- “Do It Again” – The Beach Boys
- “Sugar Sugar” – The Archies
- “Something So Strong” – Crowded House
One more FINAL EXAM date, folks. That’s tomorrow.
For seniors, that means two days until Graduation Caps & Gowns are distributed, on the 12th. Try to keep your noses clean between now and then.
Also, seniors – the North Hunterdon PTSA will be selling flowers and t-shirts with all the Class of 2019 graduates’ names listed on them at Thursday’s ceremony, but you can preorder both items online. Go to the NHHS website for details.
Chromebooks are being collected on June 12th. The procedure for those collections is as follows:
- Chromebooks will be collected on Wednesday by the Block 8 classroom teacher, which is the last final exam of the day.
- For Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors, the Tech Dept. will be collecting the Chromebooks without case and charger. Graduating seniors are the only group that MUST return their Chromebooks with chargers and cases.
- All students who wish to drop off their Chromebooks earlier can so by bringing them to the Technology Resource Center at any time before school dismisses today.
- Students are reminded to save any files they’ve stored on their Chromebook to Google Drive before turning in their devices.
- Students who wish to return during the summer to pick up their Chromebooks before the start of the upcoming school year will be emailed dates and times to do so before the first week of August.
- Any student who chooses to wait to pick up their Chromebook can do so on the first day of school, which is August 22nd.
- Any student who needs to use their Chromebook over the summer for academic purposes should email a request to their Class Advisor, and each request will be evaluated individually.
Some other important notes …
The Media Center is CLOSED today. That’s because it’s gone to the dogs … AGAIN. So if you’re a student who registered to visit with one of the therapy dogs visiting the school today, you are the only ones who will be allowed inside. Those who signed up should report to your classrooms or study hall, show your teacher your Dog Tag pass and then get permission to leave. Then bring your pass and your student ID to the library. No one else will be allowed inside today.
If you were among the select few to have taken Color and Design classes, please swing by Mrs. Megin Lentine’s studio – Room 126 – to claim your works of creativity. You have until the end of the day Wednesday, to pick up your stuff. Anything left behind will be donated elsewhere or disposed of.
If you didn’t get your Yearbook yet or would like to purchase one, you may do so before or after school only from now until the end of the day on Wednesday. Check in with Mr. Maurella in Room 154.
And … YOUR DAILY REMINDER: If you gotta go to GUIDANCE, bring your IDs. That keypad’s goin’ bye-bye, kids. SWIPE, DON’T TYPE.
SOME INTERESTING FACTS FOR YOU HISTORY BUFFS: On this day –
- In 1963, President John F. Kennedy addresses Americans from the Oval Office proposing the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which would revolutionize American society by guaranteeing equal access to public facilities, ending segregation in education, and guaranteeing federal protection for voting rights. JFK would be assassinated 5 months later, and the Civil Rights Act would go into law under his successor Lyndon Johnson.
- In 1979, legendary film actor John “The Duke” Wayne, star of such classic films as THE SEARCHERS, SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON, THE QUIET MAN, TRUE GRIT and THE SHOOTIST, dies of cancer.
By the way, if you were born on this day, you share a birthdate with WILLY WONKA and YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN actor Gene Wilder, undersea explorer Jacques Cousteau, GAME OF THRONES actor Peter Dinklage and rapper Kodak Black.
If you have any questions about the web posting of announcements or want to answer the TRIVIA TEASER question, please email Mr. B (Kevin Byrne) directly at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org