TODAY’S FACULTY FRIDAY’ PLAYLIST: GUEST DJ – MR. VINCENT ANGELINE
- “Little Fugue In G Minor” – Johann Sebastian Bach (as performed by Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops)
- “London Calling” – The Clash
- “Dear Prudence” – The Beatles
- “In The Stone” – Earth, Wind & Fire
- “Let’s Go Crazy” – Prince & The Revolution
Graduation Caps & Gowns are being distributed on June 12th, seniors. So instead of planning on doing something really crazy and foolish like a mass walkout or group planking in Mall, why not try to keep your eyes on the prize and your honor cords while you’re at it.
Also, FINAL EXAM dates: June 7th, 10th, 11thand 12th. Check the North website for details.
Today is the day, boys and girls. It’s the deadline to return your loaner laptops. So if you have a Chromebook in for repairs, you better get it from Tech Resource today, because we’re collecting them next Wednesday, June 12th. A more detailed schedule will be revealed next week.
Some other upcoming events …
If you were among the select few to have taken Color and Design classes, please swing by Mrs. Lentine’s stylish and swanky studio – Room 126 to claim your works of creativity. You have until next Wednesday, to pick up your stuff. Anything left behind will be donated elsewhere.
If you missed out on doing some time with the Therapy Dogs that visited North yesterday, there are still a few openings left for Tuesday, June 11, when the canines make a comeback. So be sure to go to the Media Center to pick your spot with a pooch. Or your pooch named Spot. Whichever you prefer.
If you didn’t get your Yearbook on Wednesday or would like to purchase one, you may do so before or after school only from now until June 12th. Check in with Mr. Maurella, who has a stockpile in Room 154.
And … YOUR DAILY REMINDER: If you gotta go to GUIDANCE, bring your IDs. That keypad’s goin’ bye-bye, kids. SWIPE, DON’T TYPE.
SOME INTERESTING FACTS FOR YOU HISTORY BUFFS: On this day –
- In 1966, former Hollywood actor Ronald Reagan enters the American political arena when he is elected governor of California,
- In 1982, five years after the death of Elvis Presley, his Memphis mansion Graceland is opened to the public as a tourist attraction, and
- In 2002, one year after 9/11, President George W. Bush announces the formation of the Department of Homeland Security, which is created for the sole purpose of combating terrorist attacks.
By the way, if you were born on this day, you share a birthdate with the late great rock ‘n roll and R&B artist known as Prince, Irish actor Liam Neeson, pop star Iggy Azalea and soul singer Tom Jones.
Finally, there is no lunch today … there is, however …
Pizza or a breakfast sandwich available for those of you in Study Hall.
On an equally positive note, it is also National Donut Day.
If you have any questions about the web posting of announcements or want to answer the TRIVIA TEASER question, please email Mr. B (Kevin Byrne) directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com