TODAY’S MORNING PLAYLIST:
- “The Middle” – Jimmy Eat World
- ”Tiny Dancer” – Elton John
- ”Down” – Jay Shawn & Li’l Wayne
CONGRATULATIONS: to the Boys Baseball team as they defeated Ridge in the heart of Diamond Nation 5-3 on Tuesday. Mike Pierce, on the hill for the Lions, picking up the win, surrendering 3 runs on 4 hits over seven innings. Lions, socking home two runs on the day, with Chris Markovich hitting dingers in both the third and fourth innings. Eight hits total for the Jungle Boys, with Haydn Strycharz, knocking off a few, and Matt Wagner singling in a run with two outs in the third, scoring Shawn Wilton. Well done, boys.
It is DAY 3 of WEEK TWO of AP TESTING at North, so please – keep it down to a dull roar in the hallways, especially near the Media Center and Main Gym.
ANOTHER reminder: If you go to GUIDANCE, bring your IDs. The keypad is going away, kids. And this is how it is in the real world. SWIPE, DON’T TYPE.
Some other upcoming events …
HONOR SOCIETY INDUCTIONS take place tonight at the North Hunterdon Theatre. The inductions are scheduled as follows:
- 6:00 PM – MATH (Mr. Sorg)
- 6:30 PM – ENGLISH (Mrs. Erwin)
- 7:00 PM – SCIENCE
- 7:30 PM – ART (Mr. Calabrese)
- 8:00 PM – THESPIANS (Mr. B)
- 8:30 PM – SOCIAL STUDIES (Mr. Kieffer)
Anyone inductees with questions, please contact your faculty reps ASAP.
CHESS CLUB meets Thursday after school in Room 152, some topics to discuss will include money earned from yesterday’s bake sale on the mall. Questions? Email Miss Angelica Chin.
And, senors y senoras! SPANISH HONOR SOCIETY will meet this coming Monday/May 20th after school in Room 220 to vote on next year’s leadership AND finalize details of the Spanish Immersion Camp. If you’re interested in running for an office OR if you can’t make it and want to be looped in, email Senora Morris or one your officers! Muchas gracias!
ENVIRONMENTAL CLUB meet after school today at 2:30 pm, Room 253. All are welcome to attend!
THE 30 HOUR FAMINE is coming up on Sunday, May 19th. Sign-up sheets are in the Nurse’s Office, it’s a great cause and a good way to earn service hours. Questions? Contact NORTH HUNTERDON KEY CLUB VP Melanie Lloyd.
Once again, all Sophomore athletes who will become Juniors in August 2019, your IMPACT TESTING DATES are upon you. Here are those dates:
- Wednesday May 15th– Field Hockey and Girl’s Tennis meet after school today at 3:00 pm in Room 135B
- Tuesday May 21st– Boys and Girls Cross Country
- Wednesday May 22nd– Volleyball and Gymnastics, abd
- Wednesday May 29th– Boys and Girls Soccer
All testing will take place in Room 135B. All those testing will need to bring a fully charged Chromebook or a Chromebook WITH a charger to the test. If you can’t be there to take the test on the scheduled date with your team, email or speak to Mrs. Korbul ASAP about coming on a different day.
Only two certainties in high school life, gentlemen. FOOTBALL and rock ‘n roll. It’s up to you to bring the game. You think you got what it takes? Up for the challenge? If so, come Thursday/May 23rdto Café B, 2:30 to 3:30 pm. Got questions? Email Coach Kley.
All you tech gurus, remember: the Technology Service Club‘s GAMING NIGHT is this Friday from 6pm to 10pm in Cafe B. Cost is $5 an entry, including food & drinks. Make a note!
SOME INTERESTING FACTS FOR YOU HISTORY BUFFS: On this day –
- In 1940, a small hamburger joint called McDonald’s opens its first restaurant in San Bernardino, California …
- In 1970, President Richard M. Nixon appoints Anna Mae Hayes and Elizabeth P. Hoisington as the first female brigadier generals in U.S. military history. Both women eventually attained the rank of Brigadier General, with both Hayes and Hoisington paving the way for equal treatment of women in the U.S. armed forces, including equal pay, and
- In 2010, at the age of 16, Australian sailor Jessica Watson becomes the youngest person to ever to successfully circumnavigate the globe non-stop and on her own.
If you were born today, you share a birthdate with former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, photographer Richard Avedon, legendary rock n roll artist and music producer Brian Eno (David Bowie, U2, Coldplay) and author Meg Gardiner.
Finally, your lunch for today is:
Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese sandwich …
and from the Grill …
BBQ Rib Sliders!
If you have any questions about the web posting of announcements or want to answer the TRIVIA TEASER question, please email Mr. B (Kevin Byrne) directly at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org