TODAY’S MORNING PLAYLIST:
- “Believer” – Imagine Dragons
- ”I Just Want To Celebrate” – Rare Earth
- “Thunder Road” – Bruce Springsteen
It is DAY 2 of WEEK TWO of AP TESTING at North, so please – keep it down to a dull roar in the hallways, especially near the Media Center and Main Gym.
ANOTHER reminder: If you go to GUIDANCE, bring your IDs. The keypad is going away, kids. And this is how it is in the real world. SWIPE, DON’T TYPE.
Some other upcoming events …
The THESPIAN HONOR SOCIETY meets after school today in Room 241. All thespians rehearsing scenes for the upcoming revue must attend. We will also discuss the program for tomorrow night’s induction ceremony in the North Hunterdon Theatre … so all inductees must also attend. BE THERE!
Likewise, the SOCIAL STUDIES HONOR SOCIETY will also have its induction for all Juniors tomorrow night, May 15th at 8:30 pm in the North Theatre. Questions? Email Mr. Kieffer.
And, senors y senoras! SPANISH HONOR SOCIETY will meet this coming Monday/May 20th after school in Room 220 to vote on next year’s leadership AND finalize details of the Spanish Immersion Camp. If you’re interested in running for an office OR if you can’t make it and want to be looped in, email Senora Morris or one your officers! Muchas gracias!
ENVIRONMENTAL CLUB meets tomorrow after school at 2:30 pm, Room 253. All are welcome to attend!
THE 30 HOUR FAMINE is coming up on Sunday, May 19th. Sign-up sheets are in the Nurse’s Office, it’s a great cause and a good way to earn service hours. Questions? Contact NORTH HUNTERDON KEY CLUB VP Melanie Lloyd.
Once again, all Sophomore athletes who will become Juniors in August 2019, your IMPACT TESTING DATES are upon you. Here are those dates:
- Tuesday May 14th– Rising Juniors and New Players, meet after school today in Room 135B.
- Wednesday May 15th– Field Hockey and Girl’s Tennis
- Tuesday May 21st– Boys and Girls Cross Country
- Wednesday May 22nd– Volleyball and Gymnastics, abd
- Wednesday May 29th– Boys and Girls Soccer
All testing will take place in Room 135B. All those testing will need to bring a fully charged Chromebook or a Chromebook WITH a charger to the test. If you can’t be there to take the test on the scheduled date with your team, email or speak to Mrs. Korbul ASAP about coming on a different day.
Only two certainties in high school life, gentlemen. FOOTBALL and rock ‘n roll. It’s up to you to bring the game. You think you got what it takes? Up for the challenge? If so, come Thursday/May 23rdto Café B, 2:30 to 3:30 pm. Got questions? Email Coach Kley.
SENIORS! 2019 Prom! May 31st! If you didn’t buy tickets online, and still wanna go, you need to contact Mr. Owdji or Ms. Schaefer about where to get ‘em and how much to pay. Don’t wait til the last minute.
All you tech gurus, remember: the Technology Service Club‘s GAMING NIGHT is this Friday from 6pm to 10pm in Cafe B. Cost is $5 an entry, including food & drinks. Make a note!
SOME INTERESTING FACTS FOR YOU HISTORY BUFFS: On this day –
- In 1942, an historic moment for America’s military when Congress creates the first all-female division of the U.S. Army called the Women’s Army Auxiliary Corps (WACs) – General Douglas MacArthur himself called the WACs his “best soldiers” because “they work harder, complain less and are better disciplined than the men.” The WACs eventually led the 3 other military branches to create their own all-female units before women became permanent U.S. military fixtures in 1948. And
- In 1973, the first U.S. space station, called Skylab, is launched into orbit …
If you were born today, you share a birthdate with famed Talking Heads lead singer David Byrne, Oscar-winning actress Cate Blanchett, legendary STAR WARS and Indiana Jones film creator-producer-and-director George Lucas, and SCHOOL OF ROCK and DESPICABLE ME actor Miranda Cosgrove.
Finally, your lunch for today is:
Chicken and Waffles (waffles on a stick and chicken tenders) …
and from the Grill …
“The Wrangler Burger” w/crispy onions, BBQ sauce and cheddar cheese
If you have any questions about the web posting of announcements or want to answer the TRIVIA TEASER question, please email Mr. B (Kevin Byrne) directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com