The Model UN delegations from North Hunterdon and Voorhees High Schools attended the annual YMCA Northeast Regional Model UN Conference in Hershey, PA on January 4-6, 2019. Over 1,600 students attend the conference from New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Delaware. Students from both high schools were recognized during the awards ceremonies at the end of the conference.
- Katherine Carney and Matthew Reich were recognized as the Premier Diplomats in their committees (Council on Economic Advancement, Middle Eastern Summit, respectively).
- Niklas Hoyer was recognized in the Security Council for writing an Outstanding Position Paper.
- Six North Hunterdon students were amongst the students recognized as representing one of the three Outstanding Countries: Ishaan Dey, Alex O’Neill, Audrey Bors, Cole Schmidt, Brendan Mahaney and Quinn Cowell all represented China.
- Audrey Bors and Charles McDermott were chosen as Alternates to the YMCA Conference on National Affairs, which brings together over 600 students from 33 states to debate proposals to solve national issues.
- Amanda Fischer was elected as the Chair of the Legal A committee and will work throughout the year to prepare to lead this committee at the January 2020 conference.
- Hanna Spaeth was recognized as Premier Diplomat for the European Summit.
- Abby LaPointe was recognized as the Outstanding First Year delegate in her committee (International Court of Justice).
- Naomi Benenson was selected as a Delegate to the YMCA Conference on National Affairs, which brings together over 600 students from 33 states to debate proposals to solve national issues.